Batter up! Baseball at The Beach
Did you know that Myrtle Beach has a Minor League Baseball team? The Pelicans, an affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, play at TicketReturn.com Field not far from downtown Myrtle Beach, across from Broadway at the Beach! They will host family-friendly baseball games April 6 through September 10 in 2023. Single game tickets are on sale now!
TicketReturn.com Field is kept in pristine condition and the stadium offers the classic ballpark foods, favorite dishes with creative twists, craft beer, a picnic area, and a kids’ play area as well as event spaces. There's not much better than enjoying an all-American game of baseball at The Beach! The Pelicans offer weekly specials so both visitors and locals can participate in the fun. The specials include:
- Tuesday: $2 Tacos and Tallboys: Enjoy $2 tacos and tallboys every Tuesday from June to September.
- Wednesday: Half Price Hot Dogs: Delicious Hebrew National hot dogs are half price all game long.
- Thursday: World Famous Thirsty Thursday, features $2 12oz Bud and Bud light cans and $3 glasses of wine.
- Friday: Family Friday + Fireworks
- Saturday: Sippin’ Saturdays, will feature $2 12oz Michelob Ultra cans, and $3 glasses of wine, and a $25 mega mug mixed drinks.
- Sunday: Sunday Fun Day, fans can enjoy a pre-game catch on the field (open to all ages) 10 minutes after gates open.
As the Pelicans transition into the new Minor League system, they will face opponents from within the South Division which includes the Charleston RiverDogs (Tampa Bay Rays), Columbia Fireflies (Kansas City Royals), and Augusta GreenJackets. An evening or afternoon at the ballpark sounds like a homerun to us! Check out their full schedule here.
The 2022 season marks the 24th year of Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball, and the seventh year as an affiliate to the Chicago Cubs. The Pelicans most recently won a Carolina League championship in 2016 but had won 3 championships prior. Learn more about tickets, roster, and weather information on the Pelicans’ website.
Insider's tip: The Pelicans' team has a golden retriever on their roster that runs out on the field to clear off the baseball bats!