Visit Myrtle Beach and Lidl
beach getaway sweepstakes
Message and data rates may apply for mobile entries.
A. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The beach getaway sweepstakes is open to legal USA residents who have primary residence in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington, D.C., Delaware, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina or Georgia, and who are at least twenty-five (25) years of age at the time of entry, except employees, their spouses and immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and any of their respective spouses) and household members (whether or not related) of Visit Myrtle Beach (Administrator), Lidl US LLC (“Sponsor”) and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, cable affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, including Sponsors, the “Sweepstakes Entities”).
B. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these official rules (“Official Rules”). Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
A. From Saturday, April 1, 2023, 12:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) through Sunday, April 30, 2023, 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) (the “Entry Period”), Sponsor and the Administrator will conduct a Sweepstakes encouraging participants to enter for a chance to win a prize. There is one (1) way to enter the Sweepstakes:
Entrant must be a myLidl rewards member and follow @mymyrtlebeach on Instagram or @VisitMyrtleBeachSC on Facebook and @lidlus on Instagram or Facebook. Entrant must visit the website located at VisitMyrtleBeach.com/Lidl (the “Website”) and follow the instructions to complete and submit the online form, including entrant’s name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address associated with myLidl account, Facebook or Instagram handles, and any other information requested on the form. Limit one (1) entry per person. To be eligible, Sweepstakes entry must be received no later than Sunday, April 30, 2023, 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET).
B. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems that may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, that corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify entrants and/or modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. ANY ATTEMPT DELIBERATELY TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
3. HOW TO WIN:
A. On or around Wednesday, May 3, 2023 one (1) potential winner (when verified by the Sponsor and Administrator as set forth below, the “Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential Winner will be notified by Sponsor via email and/or telephone and must meet all eligibility requirements, including timely replying to the notification and execution and return of all necessary releases and documents (if any) required by Sponsor and/or Administrator. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
B. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a Winner, the winning entry will be declared to have been made by the authorized email account holder at time of entry. Should a potential Winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Winner will be selected by alternate random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries and an alternate Winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion if: (i) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable; (ii) a potential Winner declines his or her prize; (iii) a potential Winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules; or (iv) a potential Winner does not respond to notification or accept the prize within forty-eight (48) hours.
C. The decisions of Sponsor and Administrator in all matters regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
A. One (1) Grand-Prize Winner will Receive: (Winner will have up to one calendar year to book the trip from time of receiving official winner certificate from Visit Myrtle Beach).
(i) 4 days/3 nights Myrtle Beach trip for one (1) grand-prize winner and one (1) guest -accommodations provided by Visit Myrtle Beach
(ii) Two Round Trip Flights or gift card valued up to $1,200 for travel reimbursement
(iii) Tickets for two (2) individuals to two (2) Myrtle Beach area attractions/theaters
(iv) $100 dining certificate eligible at participating locations which can be found at https://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/restaurants
(v) $100 Lidl gift card
B. THE TOTAL ARV OF THE GRAND-PRIZE IS: TWO THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS ($2,800 US).
C. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemption is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. There will be no substitutions if the Winner is unable for any reason to use or accept the prize. If any portion of the prize is canceled or postponed for any reason, no prize will be provided in lieu thereof, nor will Sponsor award an alternate prize or cash value or any part of the prize. Prizes may be subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The prize must be redeemed and travel completed no later than April 31st, 2024.
D. Additional Lodging details: Eligible hotels for Grand Prize can be found on VMB’s website https://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/hotels. VMB (or its booking Agent) may make suggestions based on available or other factors within VMB’s discretion. Availability may vary depending on several factors including, but not limited to, seasonality, day of the week, special events, etc. To the extent permitted by law, The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any issue that may arise in reserving lodging. Certain dates may be subject to blackout at VMB’s sole discretion, Holiday and/or area Special Events weeks, including, but not limited to, the week before Easter, the week after Easter, the months of July and August, and Labor Day weekend. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for the prize (or prize component), except that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute the prize (or prize component) with a prize of equal value, due to unavailability of advertised prize/prize component. Prize will be awarded provided prize is properly claimed.
E. Winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes (if any) and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified in these Official Rules and/or in the applicable entry instructions as being provided. Prize will be fulfilled within a reasonable time of Sponsor’s verification of Winner. All prize details and additional terms, conditions, or eligibility requirements are in Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s discretion.
5. PUBLICITY GRANT: By accepting the Prize, where permitted by law, the Winner grants to the Sweepstakes Entities and those acting pursuant to the authority of the Sweepstakes Entities, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide IN ALL MEDIA without limitation at any time their full name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further payment or additional consideration, and without review, approval or notification.
6. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant grants Sweepstakes Entities and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, user names, entries, cities and states of residences, voices, avatars, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY AND ENTRANTS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILATE COMPANIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND AGENTS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS AND/OR LIABILITIES FOR INJURY/DEATH, DAMAGE OR LOSS TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY RELATING TO OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES (REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF SUCH INJURY OR LOSS), (FOR THE PURPOSE OF CLARIFICATION ONLY, “PARTICIPATION” EXTENDS FROM ENTRY THROUGH THE GRAND PRIZE AND COMPLETING ANY TAX REQUIREMENTS AND SUBSEQUENT AUDITS) THE DELIVERY AND/OR SUBSEQUENT USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED AND/OR PRINTING, DISTRIBUTION OR PRODUCTION ERRORS. WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND IS NOT IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
A. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards to entrants will be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages other than for actual out of pocket expense and any and all rights to have damages multiplies or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or entrants’ and/or Sponsor’s rights and obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
B. If there is any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in sweepstakes materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television, radio, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules prevail.
9. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules (available on April 1) or Winner List (available on or about Tuesday, May 16, 2023), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address no later than Friday, July 1, 2023 (Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners”): Beach Getaway Sweepstakes P.O. Box 2115 Myrtle Beach, SC 29578.
10. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Lidl [Lidl US LLC, 3500 S. Clark St, Arlington, VA, 22202]. Administrator: Visit Myrtle Beach [The Myrtle Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, P.O. Box 2115 Myrtle Beach, SC 29578].
11. SHORT RULES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter the beach getaway sweepstakes. Open to USA residents who have primary residence in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington, D.C., Delaware, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina or Georgia age twenty-five (25) years or older. Subject to Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Starts 12:00AM ET, April 1, 2023; ends 11:59PM ET April 30, 2023. For Official Rules and entry info, visit Entry Page URL VisitMyrtleBeach.com/Lidl. Administrator: [The Myrtle Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, P.O. Box 2115 Myrtle Beach, SC 29578]. Sponsor: [Lidl US LLC, 3500 S. Clark St, Arlington, VA, 22202].