About The Myrtle Beach Area
The Myrtle Beach area, also known as the Grand Strand, is located on the southeast coast of the United States in sunny South Carolina. As one of the premier family and beach vacation destinations in the United States, Myrtle Beach offers an endless array of lodging options including resorts, hotels, beach homes and vacation rentals, and campgrounds. With endless attractions, events and dining options, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is a perfect destination for family vacations, getaways for couples of all ages, group and business travel.
Planning Your Trip To The Beach
Find more information on places to stay, things to do, where to eat, and more while in the Myrtle Beach area. Start planning your trip to The Beach with the Official Myrtle Beach Area Visitors Guide.
Get your Passport to Fun. Check in to four participating partners and be automatically entered for a chance to win a trip back to The Beach.
Visit Myrtle Beach Visitors Guide and Passport to Fun!
Our Passport to Fun offers discounts or special offers at participating businesses. When you check in at four of these businesses, you'll be entered to win a trip back to The Beach!
Know Before You Go! The City of Myrtle Beach Welcomes You
The Myrtle Beach Police Department is committed to the safety and well-being of Myrtle Beach residents and the millions of tourists who flock to the popular destination each year. Please know that summer is a busy time at The Beach, and everyone is expected to follow the laws and show respect to others.
With a legendary history dating back centuries to the region's first inhabitants, the Waccamaw and Winyah Indians, learn more about the early days of Myrtle Beach and stories of roaming ghosts and famous pirates.
One of the greatest assets of the Myrtle Beach area, the weather offers mild winters and bearable summer temperatures. With an average high of 57° in the coldest month of January and an average high of 90° in the hottest month of July (see annual climate chart), it is rarely too cold, or too hot to enjoy everything Myrtle Beach offers. Click here to view the current weather.
- Map & Directions - How to get here by car, train or plane.
- Flights to Myrtle Beach - See which airlines fly to Myrtle Beach from your area.
- Myrtle Beach Airport - Information about the Myrtle Beach International Airport.
- Beach Information - Lifeguard information, tips for safe swimming and more.
- Safety Tips and Laws - Answers to many frequently asked questions.
- Official Visitor centers - Stop for information at one of our three official welcome centers.
- Web Cam live from area beaches - Enjoy the sights of our wide shoreline live.