Reasons to Love the Two State Parks in Myrtle Beach
If you're looking for a fun and affordable family vacation, Myrtle Beach state parks are the perfect option! There are 2 Myrtle Beach state parks: Myrtle Beach State Park and Huntington Beach State Park. With a variety of activities available, everyone in your group is sure to have a good time. Hiking, biking, fishing, and swimming are just a few of the things you can do at state parks in the Myrtle Beach area. Plus, there are plenty of picnic areas and playgrounds where the kids can run around and let off some steam. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your Myrtle Beach state parks getaway today!
Myrtle Beach State Park
You can enjoy a day at the beach with your family while enjoying some low flying planes, too! The park is located off of South Kings Highway (Rte 17) near the airport. There will be plenty for you to do in this park, no matter what time your day may start or, because there are so many things open late here – including plane rides, if aviation enthusiasts love taking advantage of every opportunity they can get when possible.
Huntington Beach State Park
Huntington Beach State Park is a hidden gem along the South Carolina coast. The wide-open beaches and crystal-clear water will make you feel like you are in second nature against all odds, especially when camping among stunning sunsets over pristine ocean views!
Things to Do
From Myrtle Beach State Park to Huntington Beach, there are tons of fun activities at the beach! Here's a look at some things you can do while visiting one of these parks:
- Hiking and Biking – If you love spending time in nature, consider taking a hike or going for a bike ride. You'll have plenty of opportunities to see beautiful scenery and wildlife.
- Fishing – Fishing is a popular pastime at Myrtle Beach state parks, and there are plenty of spots where you can try your luck. All you need is a valid fishing license and some bait!
- Swimming – The beaches at these parks offer great swimming opportunities, especially for kids. Be sure to check the tide schedule before you head to the beach, and be careful of strong currents.
- Picnicking – One of the best things about state parks is that they have plenty of picnic areas where you can enjoy a meal outdoors. Bring your own food or purchase it from one of the park's concessionaires.
- Playing in the Sand – Whether you're building sandcastles with the kids or just taking a walk on the beach, playing in the sand is always fun.
What to Expect at a State Park in the Myrtle Beach Area
There are a few things you should know before visiting Myrtle Beach state parks. Here's what to expect when you're there:
- Parking – The state parks in the area have free parking.
- Restrooms and Showers – All of the state parks have restrooms and showers, so you can stay clean and fresh during your visit.
- Picnic Shelters – If you want to picnic in the park, be sure to reserve a shelter in advance. These shelters often fill up on busy days, so don't wait until the last minute!
- Picnic Areas – If you're not interested in renting a shelter, there are plenty of picnic areas throughout the parks where you can eat your lunch or dinner.
- Concessions – The state parks have concession stands where you can buy snacks and drinks.
- Fishing Piers – Myrtle Beach has some great fishing piers that are open to visitors year-round.
- Beaches – The beaches at these parks are open from sunrise to sunset, and they offer a variety of activities for visitors of all ages.
- Lodging – If you're looking for a place to stay near the park, be sure to check out the state park's website. There are camping options available at both parks. Myrtle Beach State Park offers 302 campsites and Huntington Beach State Park offers 180.
Myrtle Beach State Park also offers 6 cabins located 200 yards from the beach!
Are Myrtle Beach State Parks Handicapped Accessible?
The state parks in this area are handicap accessible, but be sure to check with the park before you visit to make sure your specific needs can be accommodated.
If you're looking for a fun-filled family vacation, Myrtle Beach state parks should be at the top of your list. With plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained, these parks offer an affordable and enjoyable getaway.