Sports Offerings In Myrtle Beach
he Myrtle Beach area is showcasing its competitive spirit with the growth of its sports tourism offerings. Already a destination favorite for 19 million annual visitors, sports event planners are discovering what makes Myrtle Beach the ideal location for any sporting event. This includes several spectator sports held throughout the year, as well as prominent tournaments such as Top Glove baseball.
Top Sports Facilities in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
John T. Rhodes Myrtle Beach Sports Center – Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- 100,000 square-foot indoor sports facility opened in March 2015, located adjacent to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center
- Includes eight basketball courts, 16 volleyball courts, café, entertainment zone and 1,500-seat telescopic bleacher system
- Configurable for numerous indoor sports including volleyball, basketball, wrestling, martial arts, archery, kickball, badminton, table tennis and more
- Events include Ultimate Beach Classic Gymnastics Meet, South Carolina Community Associations Expo, Beach Ball Bash, Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach and more
North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex - North Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- 160-acre park includes two first-class sports complexes
- Baseball/softball complex consists of four fields with dirt infield and 225-foot fence, along with two collegiate baseball/adult softball fields with dirt infield and 330-380-foot fence. Also included at the complex are misting fans in the dugouts, bleacher awnings, officials’ room and a full-service concession stand
- Soccer/lacrosse complex consists of eight natural grassed regulation soccer/lacrosse fields (four with lights), official's room and a full-service concession stand. The park also includes an amphitheater, destination playground, three miles of walking trails, dog parks, 12-acre open meadow, Zipline & Tree Top adventure and a 20-acre lake
- Events include Fastpitch Dreams Collegiate Softball Spring Training, Michael Nash Soccer Tournament, Top Gun baseball tournaments and more
Grand Park Athletic Complex - Market Common, Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Features seven lighted FieldTurf fields for baseball, softball, soccer, lacrosse, football and more
- Two lighted youth baseball/softball FieldTurf fields, two youth baseball/softball natural turf fields and space for up to three full-size natural turf soccer/lacrosse fields
- Amenities include multiple concession locations offering a variety of food and drinks and a 6-lane FieldTurf batting cage
- Events include USSSA Winter Worlds, ISSA The Myrtle Beach Tournament, Athletx Baseball Youth Nationals, USA Softball Fastpitch Showcase and more
Coastal Carolina University - Conway, S.C.
- 127,685 square-foot Student Recreation and Convocation Center
- The HTC Center includes a gymnasium with seating for more than 3,000 people. Also includes a bookstore, locker rooms and offices
- The HTC Center has a climbing wall, 1/10-mile indoor running track, weight lifting, cardio training areas, workout classrooms and locker and shower facilities
- Recreation area and Convocation Center is divided by a large central concourse, which serves as a great meeting space for pre-game activities as well as provides an area for relaxation and conversation
- Events include a variety of basketball, theater and musical concert events
Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium – Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- 6,500-capacity multi-use stadium located in Myrtle Beach, often used for football, soccer and track and field
- $5.5 million renovation completed in 2017 included new grandstand seats, handrails, press box, support building with locker rooms and restrooms, FieldTurf, rubberized track surface and sprint lanes on the home side
- Features an eight-lane composite track and a FieldTurf all-weather playing surface
- Events include Next Level Greats 7v7 Football, Can Am Cup, Coastal Carolina Invitational, Beach Run Invitational and more
Ripken Experience - Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- One-of-a-kind youth baseball complex centrally located in Myrtle Beach
- Professional fields, all featuring the popular synthetic playing surface, FieldTurf, including three regulation-sized diamonds and five youth diamonds, designed after historic ballparks from baseball history
- The complex features three Ripken-designed infield training circles, bullpen mounds, batting cages and bunting stations, which are used for pre-game practices
- Tournaments include Summer Slam, Myrtle Madness, North East Challenge, Beach Blast and more
Spectator Sports in Myrtle Beach
In addition, the Myrtle Beach area hosts a variety of top spectator sports events throughout the year. College sports fans can see teams from across the country duke it out at the Myrtle Beach Invitational, a preseason men’s college basketball tournament held at Coastal Carolina University each November, or at the Myrtle Beach Bowl, a new college football bowl coming to Myrtle Beach in 2020. Myrtle Beach was also selected as the inaugural location for the National College Cornhole Championship in 2018.
Click here for more information on these and other Sports events.
About Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Myrtle Beach isn’t just a beach. It’s The Beach. Popularly known as the Grand Strand, Myrtle Beach is one destination made up of 14 unique communities that stretch 60 miles along the northeast coast of South Carolina. Families, couples, and those in search of a warm welcome will find more than just a day at The Beach when they come together to connect and enjoy vibrant entertainment and family attractions, including world-class golf, shopping, and fresh coastal Carolina cuisine. From the moment you arrive, you’ll find you belong at The Beach – Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. For additional information on tourism offerings in the Myrtle Beach area, visit www.visitmyrtlebeach.com or call (888) Myrtle-1.