Museum exterior building
Museum Signage

The original school opened in 1932 and served African-American students in the Myrtle Beach area for more than 20 years. The original building fell into disrepair and plans for a new road were planned so Burroughs & Chapin Company, Inc. donated a site nearby and the new "old" school was rebuilt and opened in 2006 with cooperation from the city of Myrtle Beach and former students of the school.