Shows & Entertainment
Myrtle Beach theaters are the perfect complement to a wonderful beach vacation! Since 1986, when Calvin Gilmore and The Carolina Opry pioneered the Myrtle Beach area's theater boom, the area has emerged as a hotspot for live family entertainment - offering the best in shows, music, dance, comedy, dinner theater, celebrity concerts, and movies. Allow The Myrtle Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau to be your guide to the many available outlets of entertainment on The Grand Strand. Experience the full spectrum of Myrtle Beach shows and local venues, including live theater, dinner shows, variety shows, concert halls and movie theaters.
Surfside Beach, SC 29575
Spend Your Evening At A Myrtle Beach Theater
At The Grand Strand, you can see Calvin Gilmore's music and comedy variety show, The Carolina Opry, which has won every top South Carolina tourism award - or enjoy his newest Myrtle Beach theater show, "Time Warp," featuring the music of the 60s, 70s and 80s. Listen to amazing tribute artists, portraying your favorite celebrity entertainers of the past and present at Legend's in Concert. Hear America's favorite music at Alabama Theatre's "One - The Show" or any of the celebrity concerts performed at this popular Myrtle Beach, South Carolina theater. Or take-in one of two new shows at the Palace Theatre or the House of Blues, which features blues, jazz, gospel, concerts and guest rock artists. You can even enjoy a pirate feast while watching a buccaneer battle at the new Pirates Voyage - Dinner & Show, or feast at the castle and watch dueling knights at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament. All of these attractions, and more, await you in South Carolina's premier entertainment destination: Myrtle Beach.
- Alabama Theatre. This plush, 2,000-seat theater is the setting for some of the best concerts and shows in town, as well as a top-notch variety show called "One - The Show". The list of entertainment legends who have graced this stage include George Jones, Bill Cosby, Charlie Pride, Loretta Lynn, Roy Clark, The Coasters, Platters & Drifters, and the auditorium's namesake, Alabama.
- Big Laughs Theatre - Wild 4 Hypnosis Comedy Show. High energy, rock n' roll comedy hypnosis show offers a Mild Family Show & Wild Adult Show. Keeping your entire group on the edge of their seats as they become the stars of the show Riding The Largest Roller Coaster, Fish the Atlantic, Sing in Chinese, turn into Garth Brooks & more during this 90 minute Laugh out Loud Comedy Show - Kids 15 and Under Free with Paid Adult - Limit 3 per adult*
- Carolina Opry. Founded by entertainer and entrepreneur Calvin Gilmore, the Carolina Opry pioneered the Myrtle Beach area's theater boom and has won every top South Carolina tourism award. The 2,200-seat venue offers a medley of music, including country, pop, gospel, Broadway, jazz and more, plus generous helpings of comedy and dance. Mr. Gilmore regularly appears on the Grand Ole Opry.
- Time Warp. Calvin Gilmore's newest show, "Time Warp," is a high-energy, ever-changing production showcasing the hits of the 60s, 70s and 80s, and features the talented cast of The Carolina Opry. If you love the songs that topped the charts, this fast-paced show will take you back to the glory days of American popular music.
- The House of Blues. The House of Blues attracts standouts in the world of blues, jazz, gospel and rock. Norah Jones, Edwin McCain, Counting Crows, Keith Urban, Hootie & The Blowfish, and Chris Isaac are just a few of the headliners who have appeared here. Other big draws include the Sunday Gospel Brunch, Teen Dance Night, and Murder Mystery Dinner Theater.
- Legends in Concert. The World's Greatest Live Tribute Show direct from Las Vegas. Legends In Concert features 5-6 tributes in each show that look like and sound like the stars they re-create from Elvis, Dolly Parton, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, The Tempations and many more! This is the ultimate live concert experience appearing nightly from February through December at Broadway at The Beach.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament. At Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, knights on Andalusian stallions compete for the audience's attention. Every performance features thrilling action and four-course feasting. A new show and menu made its debut in June 2012, along with new characters, costumes, lighting, and music making it a family favorite to experience again and again.
- Palace Theatre. With more than 2,600 seats, the majestic Palace Theatre has two new shows this season. A nostalgic trip down memory lane with Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons in Hot Jersey Nights and a top touring illusion production with special effect and elaborate scenery, Illusions of Magic. Built in 1995, the Palace is home to some of Broadway's greatest shows and celebrity concerts.
- Pirates Voyage - Dinner & Show. Beware Matey. Pirates Voyage is the most fun place to eat in Myrtle Beach! Experience the swashbuckling excitement as Crimson and Sapphire pirates battle each other on deck, in the water and sky above on their full-size pirate ships in a 15-foot deep lagoon. Plus live animals, spectacular acrobatics, all while you enjoy a fabulous 4 course pirate feast.