Beach Boogie & BBQ Festival
On your mark! Get set! Barbeque!
Grand Park and Forbes Court at The Market Common
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
The race to see who has the best pork in the state heats up once again this Labor Day weekend in Myrtle Beach.
It's time for the 8th annual Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival, a three-day celebration of delicious barbeque, free live entertainment, family fun and a whole lot more. It runs Aug. 30 through Sept. 1 at Grand Park and Forbes Court at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach.
We know what the star attraction's going to be - the food! And all we can say is you'd better come hungry! The event will feature barbeque from over 75 competitors and vendors.
That's right, the competition. Over $20,000 in cash prizes will be awarded during this three-day event. Registered cooking teams will compete for the chance to win $10,000 for first place in Saturday's barbeque championship. The second-place winner will be awarded $3,000; $2,000 will go to third place; fourth place gets $1,000; and fifth- through tenth-place teams each walk away with $500.
The event's contest is the official South Carolina Barbecue Championship.
For those wanting to simply enjoy the cuisine others prepare, you'll have plenty of entertainment options in between mouth-watering bites of barbeque.
There's going to be live wake board and flyboard demonstrations, a kids' zone for the youngsters and a beer and wine garden for the adults.
As you can see, we're pulling out all the stops to send summer 2013 off in style, while ushering in football, cooler temperatures and plenty of fall fun here in the Myrtle Beach area.
Don't miss out on this fantastic party. We're expecting 50,000 of our closest friends to come and celebrate with us. And we want one of them to be you!
For more Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival information, call (843) 626-7444. Teams who would like to register can click here for an application.
Festival highlights will include:
Friday, Aug. 30 - (festivities from 6-9:30 p.m.)
- BBQ, BBQ, BBQ! 6 p.m. until supplies last - OMAR Shriners will be selling barbeque combos and dinners.
- 'Anything Goes' Contest and Tasting, 6:30 p.m. until supplies last - Competing teams will serve sample dishes from shrimp creole to chicken bog and everything in between-anything goes! $1 for each sample ticket. All proceeds benefit OMAR Shriners.
- Food/Arts & Craft/Business Vendors and Exhibitors open at 6 p.m. - Non-BBQ food vendors will be selling a variety of eats, along with select arts/crafts, business and non-profit vendors and exhibitors. Most vendors accept cash only.
- Live Entertainment, 6-9:30 p.m., featuring Wall Street and Jim Quick & Coastline bands - Bring your dancing shoes, family, chairs and blankets (no coolers allowed). Main stage. Free.
- Beer and Wine Garden, 6-9:30 p.m. - Enjoy cold beer and wine products.
- Announcement of 'Anything Goes' Contest Winners: Anything Goes, Best Booth, Best Dessert and Best Sauce, around 9:30 p.m. - Cheer on your favorite team as the winners are announced. Main stage.
Saturday, Aug. 31 - (festivities from 12-9:30 p.m.)
- Official S.C. Barbeque Championship, 8-11 a.m. - Look on as the teams prepare their barbeque for judging. Corner of Forbes Court and Farrow Parkway. Free.
- Shriners Hospital FREE Screening, 12-4 p.m. - Shriners Hospital Screening that will identify children who may qualify for treatment at Shriners Hospitals for Children- Greenville, SC where care is provided regardless of the families' ability to pay.No appointment is necessary.
- BBQ, BBQ, BBQ! 12-5 p.m. (while supplies last) - Attendees can sample delicious barbeque from all competing teams by purchasing a $10 wristband. Kids ages 6 and under can sample for free. Barbeque combos, dinners, hamburgers and hot dogs will also be available for purchase. Proceeds benefit OMAR Shriners.
- Live Entertainment, 12-9:15 p.m., featuring Craig Woolard Band, Ty Brown, EnVision, Atlantic Groove and The Embers - Come back for another great line-up of entertainment and dance to some of your favorite music! Bring chairs and blankets (no coolers allowed). Main stage, corner of Meyers Avenue and Farrow Parkway. Free.
- Food/Arts & Craft/Business Vendors and Exhibitors open at 12 p.m. - Non-BBQ food vendors will be selling a variety of eats. Select arts/crafts vendors will be selling jewelry, children's clothing and other unique items. Most vendors accept cash only. Vendors will be open until 9:30 p.m.
- Beer and Wine Garden, 12-9:30 p.m. - Enjoy cold beer and wine selections.
- Kids Zone, 12-5 p.m. - Games and activities for children of all ages. Free.
- Flyboard Demonstrations by HydroFly Myrtle Beach on Grand Lake, 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m. - The Flyboard is a revolutionary new water sport that allows users to swim like a dolphin and hover up to 20 feet in the air. This is done by wearing a board that propels a high volume of water out of two nozzles on the board.Free.
- Announcement of Official S.C. Barbeque Championship, 5 p.m. - Learn which competitor will earn the Grand Champion title and which competitors will receive prize money. Main stage, corner of Meyers Avenue and Farrow Parkway.
- Fireworks, 9:15 p.m. - Enjoy a fireworks finale visible from any side of Grand Lake. Free.
Sunday, Sept. 1 - (festivities from 12-5 p.m.)
- Live Entertainment, 12-5 p.m., featuring Mark Roberts Band, The Nacho Mama Band and Mike McCoy Trio - Bring your dancing shoes, family, chairs and blankets (no coolers allowed). Main stage on Meyers Avenue and Farrow Parkway. Free.
- BBQ and Wings! 12-5 p.m. (while supplies last) - Barbeque combos and dinners will be available for purchase. BBQ proceeds benefit OMAR Shriners. Attendees can enjoy a variety of wings from restaurants and teams competing in the wing competition.
- Best Wings on the Beach, 12:30 p.m. - Restaurants and wing teams from all over will participate in a judged wing competition. These vendors will also be selling their delicious wings from 12 to 5 p.m.
- FREE Watermelon, 2:30 p.m. (while supplies last) - Festival attendees can enjoy free watermelon by the slice.
- Kids Zone, 12-5 p.m. - Kids inflatables, games and activities. Free.
- Beer and Wine Garden, 12-5 p.m. - Enjoy cold beer and wine selections.
- Food/Arts & Craft/Business Vendors and Exhibitors open at 12 p.m. - Non-barbeque food vendors will be selling a variety of food. Select arts/crafts vendors will be selling jewelry, children's clothing and other unique items. Most vendors accept cash only.
- Shriners Hospital Free Screening, 12-4 pm. - Physicians & staff from Shriners Hospital for Chidlren in Greenville, SC will be onsite to identify children ages newborn through 18 years who may qualify for treatment, regardless of families' ability to pay. No appointment necessary. Open to the public.