ESPN Events Reveals Field for 2022 Myrtle Beach Invitational
ESPN Events has announced seven of the eight programs that will compete in the fourth annual Myrtle Beach Invitational during the 2022-23 men’s college basketball season. Boise State, Charlotte, Colorado, Loyola of Chicago, Texas A&M, Tulsa and UMass will play November 17, 18 and 20 at the HTC Center on the campus of Coastal Carolina University in Conway, S.C., with an eighth school to be announced at a later date.
All games will be televised across the ESPN networks during Feast Week. Boise State and Loyola are listed 26th and 31st, respectively in the Associated Press poll this week.
- Boise State returns to the HTC Center after placing runner-up to Iowa State when the same venue hosted the 2017 Puerto Rico Tipoff. The Broncos, with a 24-7 overall record and the Mountain West Conference’s regular-season, hope to continue the MWC’s success in Myrtle Beach after Utah State captured the 2021 trophy.
- Charlotte is among the top teams in Conference USA this season with a 17-13 record and previously captured the title at ESPN Events’ 2013 Puerto Rico Tipoff.
- Colorado of the Pac-12 is in the midst of 20-win season, including a recent upset of then No. 2 Arizona. The Buffaloes previously won the championship at ESPN Events’ 2012 Charleston Classic.
- Loyola Chicago of the Missouri Valley Conference has a 25-7 record and secured its eighth NCAA berth Sunday by defeating Drake in the post-season finale in Saint Louis. The Ramblers had pair of memorable NCAA Tournament appearances in recent years (2021: Sweet 16; 2018: Final Four). Loyola will be competing in their first-ever in-season event sanctioned by ESPN Events. Their participation in the 2020 Myrtle Beach Invitational was cancelled due to the pandemic.
- Texas A&M of the SEC is also in the midst of a 20-win season. The Aggies placed second at ESPN Events’ 2016 Wooden Legacy in California.
- Tulsa of the American Athletic Conference and UMass of the Atlantic 10 are no strangers to in-season ESPN Events tournaments. The Golden Hurricane competed in the 2017 Puerto Rico Tipoff in Myrtle, advancing to the semifinals, while the Minutemen captured the 2013 Charleston Classic.
Owned and operated by ESPN Events, tickets will be available for purchase this summer following the announcement of the complete tournament schedule. In the meantime, fans can secure up to $25 off each all-tournament ticket by signing up for the pre-sale at http://www.myrtlebeachinvite.com. Past Myrtle Beach Invitational champions include UCF (2018), Baylor (2019) and Utah State (2021).
ESPN Events, a division of ESPN, owns and operates a portfolio of collegiate sporting events nationwide. In 2022, the 32-event schedule includes three early-season college football kickoff games, 17 college bowl games, 11 college basketball events, and a college softball event, which account for approximately 400 hours of live programming, while reaching nearly 64 million viewers and attracting over 800,000 annual attendees. With satellite offices in more than 10 cities across the country, ESPN Events builds relationships with conferences, schools and local communities, as well as providing unique experiences for teams and fans.
For more information, visit the official website, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube pages.
MEDIA CONTACT - Tim Simmons, 720/244-6580, [email protected]