The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce has been serving the Grand Strand for the last 76 years.
In 1938, it was initially chartered as the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce. Almost 20 years later, in 1957, the name was changed to the Greater Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce. The organization served the Grand Strand from North Myrtle Beach all the way down to Georgetown.
By 1979, the name changed again to the moniker it still has today - the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. This was the same year the Myrtle Beach Area Convention Bureau also took off.
The Myrtle Beach Chamber office relocated to its current home at 1200 N. Oak St., in 1994. There are also satellite offices throughout the Grand Strand, including a welcome center at the Myrtle Beach International Airport.
In 2009, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce awarded the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce a five-star accreditation for excellence in planning and performance. That distinction is held by less than one percent of U.S. chambers.
Today, the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce continues to thrive, 80 years into its existence.