We are excited that you are considering joining us in Myrtle Beach for the 2019 Church of God Women’s Convention! Women from around the world will be gathering together. We want your experience to be pleasant and as comfortable as possible, so we are sending this information for your preparation.
The conference will be at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Hotel, 2101 N. Oak St, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (www.sheratonmyrtlebeach.com). Please call the hotel direct at 843-918-5000. Reservations may also be made online. Tell the reservation agent that you are with CHRISTIAN WOMEN CONNECTION or the Church of God Women’s Convention to receive the group rate for your room. Rooms are $115/night (plus tax) for 1-4 persons. Credit cards used for reservations will be charged 72 hours in advance of arrival.
The Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Hotel is approximately 3 miles from the Myrtle Beach Airport (MYR). You can coordinate your flight with check-in time at 4 PM and check out 11 AM. The hotel does not provide a shuttle. Taxis (average fee USD $20.00) and Ubers/Lyfts are available at the airport. Car rentals are available at the airport.
Covered, self-parking at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Hotel is $8 per day.
Motorized scooter and wheelchair rentals are available through Wheelchair & Scooter Rentals of Myrtle Beach. To rent a mobility device, please contact them at 843-446-8723 or through their website at http://wheelchair-medical-scooter-rentals.com/.
Make sure you bring your receipt for payment. Conference Registration will be at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center. At registration, you will receive your name badge, program book, and welcome bag. The conference registration will be organized alphabetically by the last name. (Groups will not be processed together.) Please bring your receipt for registration; it is your confirmation for the conference. Registration includes admission to prayer breakfast and banquet, and your registration badge will be needed to enter these events.
Convention participants will be able to attend their choice of conferences. Most conferences will repeat twice on Friday, October 11 and once on Saturday, October 12. Exceptions include the three individualized Women in Ministry Track Conferences, as well as two Clergy Wives’ Track, the Mission Education Track and the * Men’s Conference, which will be offered one time each.
• * Dear gentlemen, your registration will cover a Men’s Conference, Worship Services, Prayer Breakfast & Banquet. To foster freedom of conversation and create safe spaces, all other conferences will be open for women only.
Volunteers are essential to the success of the convention. If you haven’t signed up to be a volunteer for one of the committees and are willing, please fill out the attached form and send it to CHRISTIAN WOMEN CONNECTION, PO Box 2328, Anderson, IN 46018.
Registration includes the Prayer Breakfast and Communion on Saturday, October 12, from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Registration includes a banquet on the evening of Saturday, October 12.
MISSION EDUCATION TRACK (PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED)
On Saturday, October 12, from 10:15 – 4:00 pm, there is mission education track. This is a great time to engage in depth and learn from those serving in other cultures through Church of God Ministries’ Global Strategy.
MISSIONARY LUNCHEON ($ TICKETED EVENT)
On Saturday, October 12, from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm, there is a missionary luncheon. This is a great time to fellowship with others who love missions, meet and greet with those who serve in Church of God Ministries’ Global Strategy. This is a ticketed event (price TBA), and there is limited seating.
WOMEN IN MINISTRY TRACK
Women serving in ministry and those called to vocational ministry are invited to participate in the Women in Ministry Conference Track. The Women in Ministry Track will be offered Saturday, October 12, from 10:15 am –12:00 pm. The topics grew out of the WIM Task Force that was formed at our 2017 Women’s Convention. This is an excellent opportunity to be encouraged and empowered as you network and share with other women clergy and leaders serving in vocational ministry.
WOMEN IN MINISTRY LUNCHEON ($ TICKETED EVENT)
Women serving in ministry and those called to vocational ministry are invited to participate in the Women in Ministry Luncheon which will be Friday, October 11, from 12:00pm –2:00 pm and will be a speaker with the topic, “The Power of Influence.” This is a great networking and sharing opportunity for women clergy and women feeling called to vocational ministry. This ticketed event (price TBA), and there is limited seating.
CLERGY WIVES TRACK (time TBA)
Friday, October 11, there will be a particular time for Pastors Wives to gather. This track is designed for conversations about the unique needs and concerns of pastor’s wives and will be facilitated by pastor’s wives who have weathered the seasons with considerable influence.
This is an opportunity to celebrate our Church of God family. Authors will include Church of God pastors, leaders, speakers, conference leaders, and other Church of God (Anderson, IN) authors. It will be held on Friday, October 11, directly following service.
INFORMATION AND SITES
• Ocean Boulevard has various shops and restaurants to enjoy. It is approximately 0.3 km/0.19 miles from the hotel, and the taxi fee is about USD $5.
• Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show invites ye to join Captain Blackbeard, the most famous pirate to ever sail the seven seas, and his Quartermaster Calico Jack as they lead the Crimson and Sapphire crews in an epic battle for lost treasure on land, on deck, in water and high above full-sized pirate ships in a 15-foot-deep indoor hideaway lagoon. Visit www.piratesvoyage.com for more information.
• Broadway at the Beach includes 300 acres of shopping, dining, and attractions. There's something for everyone including Hard Rock Café, Señor Frogs, Ripley's Aquarium, IMAX Theatre, the Palace Theatre, NASCAR Speed Park, Children's Museum of SC, Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center and Backstage Mirror Maze. The list goes on! For more information, please visit www.broadwayatthebeach.com
• Shopping is just 10 minutes away at Coastal Grande Mall, one of South Carolina's most abundant and newest shopping malls. Shop for bargains at Tanger Outlet Mall, located on Highway 501, just 15 minutes away.
• Golfing is available with over 120 golf courses in the Myrtle Beach area. The nearest golf course is only 10 minutes away. Our concierge can arrange tee times at any of the area courses. Fishing and tennis are also nearby.
Please call toll free 1-866-778-0804 if you have any questions about the convention. We are praying that God will prepare our hearts for this time of equipping, encouraging and empowering.