Myrtle Beach may be known for its seafood and southern, coastal cooking, but many people don’t know that many restaurants across the Grand Strand accommodate a variety of dietary preferences. You don’t need to feel like there isn’t an option for you – there’s a place for everyone at The Beach! We have rounded some of the restaurants that serve vegetarian and gluten free dishes, and are amenable to requests, so you don’t miss out on eating well on your next trip to The Beach.
- Kindbelly Café – Located near 79th Ave. in Myrtle Beach, Kindbelly Café is family-owned and serves locally sourced breakfast and lunch options. Kindbelly believes in serving healthy options to customers of all dietary preferences that are also delicious and good for you.
- Croissants Bistro & Bakery – This local favorite offers breakfast, brunch, and lunch vegetarian options and indicates on the menu which options are gluten free or can be modified to be gluten free, using gluten free bread, for example. They even have some gluten-free desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- The Melting Pot – A restaurant that is a fun experience for a date night or with the whole family, The Melting Pot, offers gluten free and vegetarian dipping options for their various fondues, both savory and dessert.
- Cypress Room – An upscale dining experience offering several vegetarian and gluten free options for both breakfast and dinner, while gazing at beautiful oceanfront views. The Cypress Room is located at the Island Vista Resort.
- Lucy Buffet’s Lulu’s – Located in Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach, Lulu’s is a casual restaurant with an inviting family atmosphere and offers an egg free, gluten free, dairy free, shellfish free, soy free, seafood free, and vegan version of their menu to guests.
- Ultimate California Pizza – A local staple with four locations from North Myrtle Beach to Surfside Beach, Ultimate California Pizza offers a gluten free or cauliflower crust that rivals the regular option and a broad variety of veggie toppings. This place is perfect for a delicious pizza after a long day at the beach.
- CO – This modern sushi and Asian restaurant is located in Market Common and offers a wide selection of vegetarian, gluten free, and even vegan options from sushi to broth noodles to rice dishes.
- Hook & Barrel – Hook & Barrel is known for its fresh and coastal flavors created by award-winning chef, Heidi Vukov. Their menu easily distinguishes which dishes are gluten free or vegetarian, as well as a Monday night vegetarian special.
- The Wicked Tuna – A local staple with one location at the MarshWalk in Murrells Inlet, The Wicked Tuna offers a variety of entrees and sushi for gluten free and vegetarian guests. You can take in the warm sunshine and pristine views of the marsh while enjoying a live band.
- Nacho Hippo – With a name like “Nacho Hippo,” you know this place is fun! Located in Market Common and North Myrtle Beach, this Mexican cantina offers both vegetarian and gluten free options for tacos, nachos, quesadillas and more.
Bay Naturals Healthy Market & Kitchen – This is the perfect place in both Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach for a quick grab-and-go lunch or to stock up on healthy ingredients while in town. Bay Naturals offers salads, sandwiches, smoothies, burgers, and more with vegetarian and gluten free needs in mind.
Please pack your patience as you travel to Myrtle Beach, as many restaurants are just now opening to full capacity. Businesses are still in the process of hiring seasonal workers in preparation for spring and summer vacationers. Please be prepared for additional wait times when checking in at your accommodation, entering attractions or at restaurants. When possible, reserve tables at your favorite restaurants in advance, and specify any food preferences and dietary restrictions.