Break out those lucky charms and deck yourself in plenty of green, because there is a wealth of St. Patrick's Day celebrations to enjoy in the Myrtle Beach area.
Activities kick off on Friday, March 14, 2014, with the Fourth Annual Gathering of the Green at 5 p.m. on Third Avenue in downtown Conway.
A number of events are taking place on Saturday, March 15, 2014. They are:
- 26th Annual North Myrtle Beach St. Patrick's Day Parade and Festival - Parade starts at 9 a.m., festival is from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. All takes along Ocean Boulevard
- St. Pat's Music and Bonfire - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, located at 1120 St. Joseph Road in Little River
- Fifth Annual Irish Festival - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk St. Patrick's Day Festival - 12 to 11 p.m. at Ocean Boulevard, between Eight Avenue North and Mr. Joe White Avenue
- Town of Surfside Beach St. Patrick's Day Dance - 7 to 10 p.m. at the Surfside Beach Civic Center, located at 115 U.S. 17 North in Surfside Beach
- HealthPoint St. Patrick's Day 5K Run and Walk - Run starts at 8:15 a.m.; walk begins at 9 a.m. Both start from the HealthPoint Center for Health and Fitness, located at 12965 Ocean Hwy., in Pawleys Island
- St. Patty's Day Musical Improv - 7:30 p.m. at Carolina Improv Company, located at 10177 N. Kings Hwy., in Myrtle Beach
Then, bring the weekend to a close with the Third Annual Tilted Kilt St. Patrick's Day 5K and Fun Run on Sunday, March 16, 2014. The fun run starts at 8:30 a.m., followed by the 5K at 9 a.m. Both start at The Tilted Kilt, located at Broadway at the Beach.
We admit that we are nuts for St. Patrick's Day celebrations, and the Myrtle Beach area is definitely doing things right this year.
Don't forget to wear your green. You wouldn't a friend, family member or co-worker to break out the ol' pinchers!