You said, “I do,” so now what to do?
The honeymoon is the grand finale on a bride and groom’s wedding checklist. And, as a honeymoon destination, Myrtle Beach is the perfect ending to your dream wedding. Whether you’re in the mood for romance, adventure, relaxation, or anything in between, we’ve gathered a blissful list of where to eat and what to do while you’re here on your honeymoon.
Isn’t it Romantic?
Why not keep the romance in the air from the wedding to the honeymoon, with a visit to or booking any of these romantic things to do in Myrtle Beach?
- Sail away into the sunset! There are many marinas and charters along the Grand Strand that offer intimate sunset sailing experiences, such as Enchanted Sailing Charters.
- Wine time. The two of you can spend some time over wine at a wine tasting and tour at the lovely La Belle Amie Vineyard in Little River or Duplin Winery at Barefoot Landing, where you can also sit in the charming courtyard at either location and listen to live acoustic music. While you’re there on the north end of the beach, stop in the Twelve 33 Distillery for a VIP tour and a flight of spirits in their sexy speakeasy.
- Tiptoe through the tulips. Brookgreen Gardens is a beautiful backdrop for romance, featuring more than 9,000 acres of botanical gardens, a picture-perfect live oak alee, more than 1,400 sculptures, the onsite Harvest Restaurant, and more.
- The sky’s the limit. Book a wakeup call with the SkyWheel at one of their Rise & Fly sunrise flights high above the Carolina coastline.
Newlyweds who want to pamper themselves, kick back, and relax on their honeymoon will be able to embrace their Zen here in Myrtle Beach by booking a spa day at any of the many luxury spas, including Cinzia Spa at North Beach, Celestial Spa on Cloud 9, or Hibiscus Spa at the Marriott.
Beyond that, relaxation surrounds you at every turn on the Grand Strand. Just pick a patch on the sands of our beautiful beaches and breathe in those ocean vibes or walk hand-in-hand near the surf. Stroll along the peaceful Murrells Inlet MarshWalk or under the canopy of live oaks at the Hammock Shops in Pawleys Island on the south end or on the trail that wraps around the peaceful lake at The Market Common.
Action & Adventure
Honeymooners who double as thrill-seekers can definitely feed their inner daredevil and need for outdoor adventure at any of these action-packed venues and destinations:
- A sky-high ride along the coastline aboard one of the helicopters at Myrtle Beach Helicopter Adventure or Huffman Helicopters.
- Climb to new heights at our area ropes courses, such as Go Ape Outdoor Ropes & Obstacle Course in North Myrtle Beach and Radical Ropes in Myrtle Beach.
- Buckle up together at any of the thrill rides at Broadway at the Beach, Broadway Grand Prix, or on the Slingshot Thrill Ride near the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
- Rent a Jet Ski and race across the waters of the Atlantic or Intracoastal Waterway.
- Sports fans can catch a Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball game or take a swing at Top Golf.
Table for Two
After a full day of fun and relaxation, dinner plans may seem overwhelming because there are hundreds of delicious restaurant options in the Myrtle Beach area. Here are a handful of restaurants in a variety of cuisines and themes that we think are honeymoon-worthy:
- Frank’s Outback, featuring a romantic courtyard tucked behind the Pawleys Island restaurant.
- The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro, serving French cuisine in a charming Victorian home that dates back to 1910.
- New York Prime, an upscale steakhouse for special occasions.
- Sea Captain’s House, an oceanfront beach cottage serving fresh seafood and panoramic views of the Atlantic.
- Sea Blue Restaurant & Wine Bar, a sleek intimate spot that features creative twists on classic dishes.
- Aspen Grille, a longtime locals’ favorite boasting a swanky setting.
- Chive Blossom, a charming spot off-the-beaten-path in Pawleys Island that features alfresco dining.
- Gios Italian Kitchen, located in Myrtle Beach and Pawleys Island, serves Italian at its finest.
- Blue Elephant, a small Thai restaurant in Murrells Inlet that goes big on flavor and service.
- 21 Main Prime Steakhouse is the main event for your honeymoon celebration (it’s also where many weddings and receptions are held). The ambiance is exclusively exquisite, which perfectly aligns with a creative spin on a traditional steakhouse menu.