Pecan-Bourbon Creme Brulee
For 6 People
9 large egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp. bourbon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
6 tbsp. golden brown sugar
1/2 cup coarsely chopped and toasted pecans
1) Preheat oven to 325°F
2) Whisk egg yolks, sugar, bourbon and vanilla extract in a large bowl to blend.
3) Bring heavy cream to boil in medium saucepan.
4) Gradually whisk hot cream into egg yolk mixture.
5) Place six creme brulee dishes in large roasting pan. Pour custard into dishes, dividing equally. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the dishes.
6) Bake custards until just set in center, about 45 minutes. Remove from water and cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.7) Arrange creme brulee on baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. golden brown sugar evenly over each. Using a torch, caramelize sugar until it turns dark brown. Sprinkle cremes brulee with chopped, toasted pecans, dividing equally. Cool slightly and serve.