Father’s Day is just around the corner, and a vacation to the Myrtle Beach area is a great gift for any dad! With tons of options for golf, fishing, dining and more, it’s easy to plan an itinerary focused on solely on your special guy. Here are eight fun ways to celebrate in Myrtle Beach this Father’s Day:
- Golf. The Myrtle Beach area is definitely the golf capital of South Carolina, and there’s no denying we love our time spent on the green. You can book a round of golf for dad at a number of amazing courses created by world-famous architects -- including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Robert Trent Jones, and Greg Norman. If the whole family wants to join in on the golfing, head to one of hundreds of putt putt courses or visit the newly-opened Topgolf near Broadway at the Beach, which makes a great morning, afternoon or evening activity.
- Fishing. Fishing always seems like such a dad activity, but it’s really something the entire family can enjoy. Book dad a half-day fishing charter out of Crazy Sister Marina in Murrells Inlet, or perhaps plan a family fishing day from one of our many piers. From marshes and inlets to rivers and the ocean, the Myrtle Beach area has a body of water for any angler.
- Tour New South Brewery. Treat dad to a cold beverage at Myrtle Beach’s local brewery. Tours are inexpensive, informative, fun and provide generous samples of some of the best beer in the southeast. Check their website before you go, as they often have special events including live music and food trucks as well!
- Race at the Broadway Grand Prix. Challenge dad on the track (and maybe let him win) while racing one of seven go-kart tracks! This fun attraction is located at Broadway at the Beach and offers activities for the entire family, including a large arcade, rock climbing, tot rides, mini golf and the Sky Coaster. All-you-can-ride wristbands are the way to go, as you’ll probably want to spend most of a day here.
- Catch a Pelican’s Game. Myrtle Beach’s minor league baseball team, The Pelican’s, call the TicketReturn.com Field home, and these guys know how to have a good time. Treat dad to a night out at the ballpark, and he’ll definitely feel appreciated. From dollar beer to BOGO hot dogs to $2 tacos, there is always something besides great baseball to look forward to. And on Saturday night games, there are usually post game fireworks!
- Bowling 810 Billiards and Bowling. We think bowling is another dad-approved activity, and there are a few great places to check out in the Myrtle Beach area. One of our favorites is 810 Billiards and Bowling, located in The Market Common area of Myrtle Beach. After a few rounds, stick around to enjoy their bar area or walk around in search of dinner at one of their many excellent restaurants that also call beautiful Market Common home. Note: if you’re staying on the north end, 710 Billiards and Bowling offers similar outstanding bowling experience.
- Get on the water. Let dad show off on a jet ski this year, and he won’t soon forget this Father’s Day. The Myrtle Beach area is home to a number of fantastic watersports options that we think most dads would dig. From parasailing over the ocean to renting a jet ski to take out along the waterway to banana boating as a family, the options are endless… and fun!
- Go out to eat. If Moms like breakfast in bed, what do Dads like? We think one of the area’s many sports bars and restaurants might be it. A few worth checking out include Dave and Buster’s at Broadway at the Beach, Wild Wing Cafe at Barefoot Landing, Handley’s Pub & Grub and King Street Grille. And if live music is also something pop is into, The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill might be the perfect spot. Wherever you decide to go, a full dad is usually a happy dad.