MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - The editors at FamilyVacationCritic.com have chosen Myrtle Beach as one of its 2014 top 10 best beaches for families.
"Myrtle Beach might as well be a distant cousin of Disney World," is how FamilyVacationCritic.com described the area. The editors focused on the abundance of restaurants, family-friendly attractions and waterparks.
"We pride ourselves on being a world-class family beach destination that visitors can enjoy during the warm summer months," said Brad Dean, president and CEO of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. "The Myrtle Beach area has been hosting families for generations, and we welcome them all back this summer and hope they make some great memories."
Below are the top 10 best beaches for families, as chosen by FamilyVacationCritic.com:
Coronado Municipal Beach - Coronado, Calif.
- Ocean City Beach - Ocean City, N.J.
- Zephyr Cove Resort - Zephyr Cove, Nev.
- Myrtle Beach - Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Short Sands Beach - York, Maine
- Crystal Beach - Destin, Fla.
- Cannon Beach - Cannon Beach, Ore.
- Mayo Beach - Wellfleet, Mass.
- Humiston Beach - Vero Beach, Fla.
- New Buffalo Public Beach - New Buffalo, Mich.
For more information, go to www.FamilyVacationCritic.com.