MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is one of the top 10 best boardwalks in the nation, according to National Geographic.
Editors noted the 1.2-mile walkway, which opened in 2010, is “now the town’s hub of activity.”
“The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk has truly become an iconic attraction along the Grand Strand,” said Brad Dean, president and CEO of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. “The concerts, restaurants, shops, arcades and throngs of visitors illustrates that investing in this stunning walkway was an important step in the Myrtle Beach area’s continued evolution into a world-class beach destination.”
Below are the top 10 best boardwalks in the U.S., according to National Geographic:
• Atlantic City Boardwalk – Atlantic City, N.J.
• Coney Island Boardwalk – Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Myrtle Beach Boardwalk – Myrtle Beach, S.C.
• Ocean City Boardwalk – Ocean City, Md.
• Ocean Front Walk – Venice Beach, Calif.
• Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk – Rehoboth Beach, Del.
• Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk – Santa Cruz, Calif.
• Sandwich Boardwalk – Sandwich, Mass.
• Virginia Beach Boardwalk – Virginia Beach, Va.
• Wildwoods Boardwalk – Wildwoods, N.J.