MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - The 27 participants of Class XXXIV will graduate Friday, May 9, 2014, from Leadership Grand Strand during a ceremony at the Dunes Golf and Beach Club in Myrtle Beach. The reception will begin at 5:30 p.m. and will be followed by dinner and the graduation commencement at 6 p.m. An LGS Alumni Social will follow the graduation commencement at 7:30 p.m., where the Ann DeBock Leadership Award will be presented to the 2014 recipient, Senator Greg Hembree.
During the graduation commencement, Leadership Grand Strand will announce its new board members and the social coordinator elected from Class XXXIV at graduation.
The goal of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce-sponsored LGS program is to develop a corps of informed, committed and qualified individuals capable of providing dynamic leadership for the Grand Strand area. For class participants to graduate, they must complete a nine-month program and a minimum of 100 hours of community service project hours at various organizations along the Grand Strand.
Graduates of Leadership Grand Strand Class XXXIV are:
- Andy Anderson, Terracon Consultants Inc.
- Kimberley Causey Gomez, Coastal Carolina University
- Casey Church, Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum
- Lauren A. Clever, Myrtle Beach Downtown Redevelopment Corporation
- Candy DeBusk, 15th Circuit Solicitor's Office
- Tiffany Doolittle, Habitat for Humanity of Horry County
- Brooke Greenwood, Dunes Golf and Beach Club
- Sarah Jeffcoat, Palmetto Corp.
- Meredith Kahl, Coastal Carolina University
- Daniel Liberatore, Chick-Fil-A
- Jill Brogdon Marshall, Santee Cooper
- Bradley D. Mayers, Horry County
- Jewell Singleton McCoy
- Timothy McCray, Sr., AMBE Development LLC
- Chris McElhinny, Coastal Carolina National Bank
- Andrea Merisotis, Miller-Motte Technical College
- Mary Mroz, Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
- Pamela S. Reis, Springmaid Beach Resort and Conference Center
- Bret Rockow, MB Kahn Construction Company
- Collier J. Schettig, Sandhills Bank
- J. Tyler Servant, Surfside Realty
- Ashley Setzer, Amgen
- James Steadman, First Federal Bank
- Kenny Strickland, Horry Telephone Cooperative Inc. (HTC)
- Katherine Taylor, The Brandon Agency
- Ronald D. Welchel, The Jackson Companies
- Edna W. Wright, City of Myrtle Beach
Leadership Grand Strand is currently accepting applications for Class XXXV. Applications, which require three letters of reference, must be typed and are due by June 27, 2014. Applications are available at www.LeadershipGrandStrand.com. The tuition cost is $950 per person.
The leadership program is also currently accepting community service project proposals for the upcoming class. Interested organizations can find a copy of the request for proposal by going to www.LeadershipGrandStrand.com and clicking on the LGS projects link.
For more information, visit www.LeadershipGrandStrand.com or call (843) 916-7222.