Downtown Myrtle Beach comes alive with family-friendly fare throughout the season with its "Holidays on the Boardwalk," which runs every weekend through Dec. 27, 2014. Arts and crafts, live entertainment in Plyler Park and camel rides will be available.
The area's many theaters are also getting into the spirit. Enjoy the season with wonderful, holiday themed performances at The Carolina Opry, Legends in Concert, The Palace Theatre, Alabama Theatre, Medieval Times, Pirates Voyage and so many others.
Below is a list of all other Christmas-related events and activities taking place throughout the Grand Strand:
• Dec. 3 through Dec. 17 every Wednesday - Dysfunctional Holiday Gathering - Carolina Improv Company - 7:30 p.m.
• Dec. 3 through Dec. 21 - 13th Annual Toys for Tots Drive - Barefoot Landing
• Dec. 3 through Dec. 31 - Festival of Trees - Ripley's Aquarium
• Dec. 4 - Conway Christmas Tree Lighting - Third Avenue in Downtown Conway - 6 p.m.
• Dec. 4 - Surfside Beach Christmas Tree Lighting - Surfside Beach Town Hall - 7 p.m.
• Dec. 4 through Dec. 6, Dec. 11 through Dec. 13 and Dec. 18 through Dec. 20 - Nights of a Thousand Candles - Brookgreen Gardens - 3 to 10 p.m. daily
• Dec. 4 through Dec. 21 every Thursday through Sunday - A Christmas Carol - Atlantic Stage - 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, and 3 p.m. Sunday
• Dec. 5 - Christmas On Main Tree Lighting - Courtyard on Main Street in Loris - 6 to 8 p.m.
• Dec. 5 through Dec. 7 - 28th Annual Springmaid Beach Arts and Crafts Festival - Springmaid Beach Resort - Dec. 5 and Dec. 6 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Dec. 6 - Loris Christmas Parade - Downtown Loris - 11 a.m.
• Dec. 6 - 5th Annual Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson Toy Run - Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson dealership - 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Dec. 6 - Santa at the Beach - Myrtle Beach State Park - 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Dec. 6 - The Long Bay Symphony Presents Musical Classics for the Holiday Season - Trinity Church located at 3000 N. Kings Hwy., in Myrtle Beach - 7 p.m.
• Dec. 6 and Dec. 11 - A Very Fashionable Christmas - Kaminski House Museum - 5 to 8 p.m.
• Dec. 6 through Dec. 26 every Friday and Saturday - Whose Holiday Is It Anyway? - Carolina Improv Company - 7:30 p.m. each night
• Dec. 7 - The Long Bay Symphony Presents Musical Classics for the Holiday Season - Wheelwright Auditorium at Coastal Carolina University - 3 p.m.
• Dec. 7 - Murrells Inlet Christmas Parade - Starts at Wilcox Avenue in Murrells Inlet - 3 p.m.
• Dec. 7 - The Long Bay Symphony Presents Musical Classics for the Holiday Season - Our Lady Star of the Sea located at 1100 Eighth Ave. North in Myrtle Beach - 7 p.m.
• Dec. 11 - Rivertown Christmas Celebration - Downtown Conway - 6 to 8 p.m.
• Dec. 12 - The Merry Christmas to You Tour - Ground Zero - 7 p.m.
• Dec. 13 - Conway Christmas Parade - Downtown Conway - 10 a.m.
• Dec. 13 - Surfside Beach Christmas Parade - Ocean Boulevard - 2 to 4 p.m.
• Dec. 13 - Carolina Master Chorale Presents Christmas and Carols and All That Jazz - Socastee High School - 4 p.m.
• Dec. 14 - 11th Annual Christmas Towne - Myrtle Beach Convention Center - 2 to 6:30 p.m.
• Dec. 14 - Carolina Master Chorale Presents Christmas and Carols and All That Jazz - Trinity Church located at 3000 N. Kings Hwy., in Myrtle Beach - 4 p.m.
• Dec. 18 - Conway Canine Christmas Costume Contest - Downtown Conway - 7 to 8 p.m.
• Dec. 19 - Polar Express Night - C.B. Berry Community and Historical Center in Little River - 6 to 9 p.m.