Sunshine and Serenity in the Grand Strand
Myrtle Beach, S.C. (March 4, 2020) – Start off a new decade with an unforgettable vacation to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Here, travelers can escape the winter blues and bask in the sun while enjoying 60-miles of coastline and experiencing some of the area’s natural wonders and unique attractions.
“Myrtle Beach is the perfect destination for those seeking a warm and serene getaway,” said Karen Riordan, president and CEO of Visit Myrtle Beach. “There’s nothing more relaxing than feeling the warmth of the sun while listening to waves crashing on the shore in the middle of winter. This year, visitors are welcome to experience one-of-a-kind activities and events they can’t find anywhere else.”
A trip to the Grand Strand will leave you feeling refreshed and empowered to take on the year ahead. Visitors can discover beautiful sights and adventurous experiences that will help you forget about winter. Here are some not-to-miss activities that will transport you to a paradise where nothing else matters.
- Head to the beach: Home to 60-miles of pristine coastline, Myrtle Beach boasts white sand, sparkling waters and ocean treasures. After dipping your toes in the sand and getting a healthy dose of Vitamin C at the beach, walk to the shoreline and search for beautiful seashells, sand dollars and other fossils as they wash up on the beach.
- Cast a line: There’s no better way to immerse yourself in the seaside culture of Myrtle Beach than taking a shot at fishing. Whether deep sea fishing on a charter boat or standing on the pier and casting a line, the options are endless.
- Discover scenic attractions: Find serenity while strolling through beautiful Brookgreen Gardens, taking in the historic buildings along the Conway RiverWalk or exploring the quaint fishing village of Murrells Inlet on the local MarshWalk.
- Dive into culture: The Grand Strand is home to historic landmarks, unique museums and charming villages that depict the area’s rich history. View a National Historic Landmark at Hopsewee Plantation where you can learn about life in the 18th century or explore a collection of fine art at the Myrtle Beach Art Museum.
- Aquatic adventures await: From relaxing water activities to exhilarating excitement, Myrtle Beach boasts a variety of water spots that will leave you wanting more. Take a remarkable cruise with Blue Wave Adventures where you could get an up-close encounter with a dolphin, rent a jet ski and zip through the Intercoastal Waterway at Action Water Sportz, explore the deep waters during a scuba diving tour or propel yourself through the waves on a stand-up paddleboard.
In addition to the impressive natural attractions found in Myrtle Beach, the destination is excited to start off 2020 with a mix of annual events that suit travelers of all ages. Cheer on runners as they make their way along the coastline at the Myrtle Beach Marathon (March 7), or celebrate our Canadian neighbors during the 60th Annual Can-Am Days (March 14-22).
More details on these experiences and planning your 2020 Myrtle Beach getaway can be found at VisitMyrtleBeach.com.