MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – The Myrtle Beach International Airport has one of the top 10 lowest airfare rates in the country, according to information from Cheapflights.com.
The travel website’s 2014 Airport Affordability Index is based on the average airfares site users found in the month of June for flights to a mix of domestic and international destinations from 101 of the most popular airports across the country.
“One thing that makes the Myrtle Beach area such a popular destination is affordability,” said Brad Dean, president and CEO of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. “We continue to grow non-stop air service to the destination, and provide more potential first-time travelers with affordable, convenient transportation to the Grand Strand.”
Below are the top 10 airports with the lowest average round-trip airfares, according to Cheapflights.com:
• Charleston International, S.C. (CHS) – Average airfare: $191
• Long Beach (Daugherty Field), Calif. (LGB) – Average airfare: $200
• Harrisburg International, Penn. (MDT) – Average airfare: $236
• Dallas Love Field, Texas (DAL) – Average airfare: $266
• Joe Foss Field, S.D. (FSD) – Average airfare: $267
• Chicago Midway, Ill. (MDW) – Average airfare: $269
• Bob Hope Airport, Calif. (BUR) – Average airfare: $274
• San Jose International, Calif. (SJC) – Average airfare: $277
• Myrtle Beach Jetport, S.C. (MYR) – Average airfare: $287
• Bradley International, Conn. (BDL) – Average airfare: $295