Your honeymoon is often a once-in-a-lifetime vacation but all too often, honeymoon planning can find itself taking a backseat to wedding planning. While wedding planning is important, couples often find that the honeymoon is less about family and friends and more about them. To make this overall planning easier, many couples often decide to get married and honeymoon in the same location, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina provides the perfect spot to make your wedding and honeymoon memories last a lifetime.
In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, honeymooning couples will discover a wealth of romance along plenty of ways to celebrate their happy union. When it comes to finding the most romantic oceanfront suite, candlelit dinner or beachside stroll, Visit Myrtle Beach has got you covered. Below is more information on what honeymooning couples love about the Myrtle Beach area and how to book a trip along 60-miles of picture perfect South Carolina shoreline that will leave you with fond memories for years to come.
Top Five Honeymoon Activities for Newlyweds
in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1. A stroll along our shore. It may sound cliché, but to thousands of honeymooning couples every year, a sunset walk on along the Myrtle Beach shoreline is one of the most romantic activities in the area. The majestic scenery of the sparkling Atlantic Ocean, sandy beaches and setting South Carolina sun, makes an impression on anyone visiting the Myrtle Beach area, but is especially special when you're doing it with the one you love. Whether it's along our award-winning 1.2-mile-long boardwalk or just outside your hotel or resort-an intimate walk along the coast is sure to be a favorite Myrtle Beach honeymoon activity.
2. Relax and recharge together. While the celebration of a wedding is certainly fun, there is no doubt that it can be tiresome. While in the Myrtle Beach area for your honeymoon, be sure to take the time to visit one of the area's many spas for a couples' massage or other oceanfront treatment. Some of the area's best hotels and resorts for honeymooning couples have packages offering these massages and some even have a spa on-site! Unwinding together with a couples' massage following many hectic wedding activities is a great way to place you in the right frame of mind for the remainder of your Myrtle Beach honeymoon, and also provides a perfect way to further bond with your partner.
3. Cruise at sunset. In addition to a beachside stroll, a sunset cruise along the Myrtle Beach shoreline is guaranteed to please those in search of romance and intimacy with their partner. And Myrtle Beach honeymooners have plenty of options to choose from in booking this romantic venture, some that include drinks, dinner and entertainment while cruising South Carolina waters at dusk. Also, variety comes in handy when it comes to your budget and how long you wish to sail out with your loved one. Whichever way you go though, a trip aboard a boat in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is sure to bring any couple closer... the scenery itself ensures it.
4. Explore the past. The South has long been known for its rich history and effervescent charm, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is no different. The entire area is actually comprised of twelve distinct communities, each offering their own glimpse of the past. One of the best ways to explore local history with your loved one is through a plantation tour on the South Strand of the Myrtle Beach area. The ancient live oak trees dripping in Spanish moss that surround many of these historic properties provide a scenic escape to the past and a fantastic photo backdrop for you and your loved one. Another fun activity steeped in history is exploring the nearby river town of Conway, South Carolina, the county seat and home to the Horry County museum, with your better half.
5. Have an outdoor adventure. One of the main reasons millions of visitors head to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, each year is the fantastic mild climate and plethora of outdoor activities. It's no different when it comes to honeymooning couples, who equally enjoy the natural beauty of the South Carolina shoreline and warm temperatures. Maybe your partner is interested in renting a kayak and exploring the marshes surrounding popular Murrells Inlet, or perhaps you'd rather spend an afternoon learning to pier fish or crab at one of the area's state parks. However you choose to spend time outdoors is up to you, but with so many couple-minded outdoor activities in the Myrtle Beach area, not taking advantage of one on your honeymoon would be a shame.