The best mile to discover along the Myrtle Beach coastline
The Myrtle Beach area's new 1.2 mile-long Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade traverses through the sand from the 14th Avenue to 2nd Avenue Piers in Myrtle Beach. Throughout the summer, the popular Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is home to festivals and events, including Ocean Boulevard's Hot Summer Nights located at Plyler Park in the heart of the downtown area. Always a family favorite, the boardwalk provides oceanfront views of the pristine beach line, numerous shops and restaurants along its path, and is divided into three different sections:
- The northernmost portion winds down from the 14th Avenue North Pier to Plyler Park.
- The mid-section is located from Plyler Park to the former Pavilion Amusement Park site at 8th Avenue North and encompasses more of a carnival-like atmosphere with oceanfront dining and businesses.
- The southernmost end of the boardwalk leading up to the 2nd Avenue pier has a meandering oceanfront park.
The construction of the impressive boardwalk was complete in May 2010. Did you know the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk took nine months and nearly $6.5 million to build? It is comprised of nearly 800,000 feet of lumber, and builders used around 300,000 nails, 555,000 screws and 10,000 bolts to complete the project!
Hotels on the Boardwalk & Promenade
Got your eye on another stretch of beach? There are plenty of perfect Myrtle Beach area accommodations to be found along our 60-miles of picture-perfect coastline. Click below to discover more Myrtle Beach area lodging and accommodations:
‘Hot Summer Nights' in the Myrtle Beach Area
The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is home to festivals and events all summer long including one of the area's most loved summer celebrations: Ocean Boulevard's Hot Summer Nights. All festivities occur at Plyler Park located in the heart of the downtown area and the lineup of events includes:
- Live Concerts happen on most Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- A "Kids Carnival" on Monday nights featuring inflatables, bounce houses, face painters, jugglers, balloon artists, stilt walkers and more!
- Wednesday night features an amazing fireworks display off the 2nd Avenue Pier.
- Sunday nights feature juggling, acrobatics, a fire show, stilt walkers, human statues and more!
- Friday features a strolling Dixieland band.