10 Things to do in Myrtle Beach for Less than $25
While on vacation in Myrtle Beach, stretch your vacation dollar to the max. From free events such as concerts and firework shows to a relaxing game of miniature golf, there are dozens of ways for a family of four (2 adults, 2 children under 12) to have four or five hours of fun for less than $25!
Here are ten favorites from locals to get you started:
- Relax on the beach of course! Don't forget the suntan lotion and just enjoy!
- Open air concerts: Music is the universal language of the world and what better way to enjoy blues, country, rock or the oldies than in a lawn chair taking in the fresh open air. Check out our events calendar for free concerts this summer being held lakeside in Grand Park (at the former Air Force Base) or at Plyler Park in Downtown Myrtle Beach.
- Miniature Golf: Known as the mini golf capital of the world, there are over fifty themed miniature golf courses along the Grand Strand with excitement at every hole. Tip: Check the local coupon books and find coupons for a dollar or two off when you hit the course at the discounted times. Children 2 and under are free at most establishments.
- Fireworks at Broadway at the Beach: 10pm fireworks over Lake Broadway every Tuesday and most Fridays all summer long. The fireworks are free and you can grab a funnel cake, your Starbucks favorite or enjoy a few rides at Pavilion Nostalgia Park.
- Shelling at Myrtle Beach State Park and wildlife observation at Huntington Beach State Park: Awesome shells, shark teeth, and more await you at these local favorites. For a $5 per person park entrance fee, or less, you can enjoy a wide beach, nature trails, a fishing pier and more at Myrtle Beach State Park or for the same low admission fee you can grab your camera and head to Huntington Beach State Park where you can see historic Atalaya Castle, visit the nature center, and also have the opportunity to observe gators, egrets, and herons in their natural habitat. Don't forget to pack a picnic basket, beach pail and shovel, and spend time enjoying the great outdoors.
- Frank Theatres Cinebowl and Grille offers weekly specials so that you can enjoy a good movie or a game of bowling.
- Souvenir Shopping at Hudson's Surfside Flea Market: Over 250 dealers make this a popular choice for both new and used merchandise. Find Myrtle Beach souvenirs, including T-Shirts, hats and more, at some of the lowest prices on the Strand.
- Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk: Visit the historic fishing village of Murrells Inlet and experience nature along The Marsh Walk which offers great views of the saltwater marsh, birds and beautiful scenery. Home to many waterfront restaurants, music is the air once evening rolls around. The Marsh Walk is free to enjoy and appetizers such as bacon cheese fries and wings, with a few drinks, will keep everyone happy.
- Visit the South Carolina Hall of Fame at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center which honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the Palmetto State's heritage and progress.
- Live Bands at The Pier at Garden City Beach: Every night, all summer long, enjoy live music or karaoke and the ocean breeze at Garden City Beach Pier. Grab a bite at the pier café, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.