Discover more about the Myrtle Beach area and start planning your trip today!
So many things to do in the Myrtle Beach area, from amusements, fishing and shopping to live theaters, watersports and festivals.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Myrtle Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Start Your Engines and Pack Your Bags Contest (the "Contest") begins July 13, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
1. ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open only to current legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia age 21 years and above at the time of entry. The Myrtle Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, P.O. Box 2115 Myrtle Beach, SC 29578 is referred to as "Sponsor." The Sponsor and its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of this Contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of Sponsor, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, service providers, and any other person or entity associated with this Contest are referred to as the "Contest Entities." Employees, officers, and directors of the Contest Entities and members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents and their spouses), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter this Contest.
2. HOW TO ENTER. During the Contest period of July 13, 2015 through August 9, 2015, Entrants must submit their entry as follows:
a. Entrants must access the www.VisitMyrtleBeach.com/PackYourBags page and complete and submit the online form.
b. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Once submitted, an entry may not be deleted, except by the Sponsor. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unintelligible or irrelevant entries, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No purchase necessary to enter.
3. PRIZE DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION OF CHOSEN ENTRANT. On August 10, 2015 one entry will be chosen as the prize winner by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Contest period to win the prize noted herein. Selected entrant will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within 72 hours of attempted notification. Failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Selected entrant will also be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (the "Release"). Unless restricted by law, selected entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein.
4. PRIZE. Prizes consists of a four day/three night trip for two to the Myrtle Beach, SC area complete with round-trip air transportation on Allegiant Air from Cincinnati, OH to Myrtle Beach, SC, accommodations for two persons, a $100 gift card, and tickets for two to The Carolina Opry, The Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, and Ripley's Aquarium. Air transportation on Allegiant Air must be used during their seasonal service schedule. Prize must be redeemed and travel completed by September 11, 2016. Prize is subject to blackout dates including U.S. holidays and special events. No substitution, transfer, refund, or cash equivalent for the prize (or prize component or any unused prize component), except that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute the prize (or prize component) with a prize of equal value, due to unavailability of advertised prize/prize component. Any and all taxes, surcharges, personal expenses and travel costs are the responsibility of prize winner and are not included in the prize. The retail value of this prize is approximately $1,300.00.
5. ODDS. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of entries received.
6. CONDITIONS. Once a prize winner has accepted and requested redemption of their prize, they will receive at their home address a gift letter via USPS or Federal Express from the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce (Winner must provide home mailing address in order to receive the Contest gift letter). Winner also agrees to allow the use of first name, city and state to be posted on social media and through other promotional channels, as requested by Sponsor. Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding; and entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its attorneys, affiliates, together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents of each, including without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest, (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor reserves the right to use the Contest for publicity purposes in any media, and to use the name, likeness, and hometown name and/or prize information of selected entrants as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. Any such use with respect to minors shall be subject to prior approval of parent or legal guardian. Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of selected entrant, and winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize. This Contest is void outside the US and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. Transportation to and from the vacation site is the sole responsibility of selected entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. Use of any automated system to participate is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor may disqualify at its sole discretion any entries it believes are created by an automated system. Sponsor may disqualify at its sole discretion any entries it believes exceed the weekly minimum. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of South Carolina. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE VISTMYRTLEBEACH.COM WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. OFFICIAL RULES. For a copy of these Official Rules, send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Visit Myrtle Beach "Start Your Engines and Pack Your Bags" Contest Official Rules, P.O. Box 2115, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578. Request must be received by August 31, 2015.
9. WINNERS LIST. For name of the prize winners, available after August 10, 2015, send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Visit Myrtle Beach "Start Your Engines and Pack Your Bags" Contest Winner List, P.O. Box 2115, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578. Request must be received by August 31, 2015.