Here in Myrtle Beach, we know pets are part of many families. To make our furry friends comfortable during their beach vacation, here are a few of our favorite places to take our furry friends!
Barefoot Landing: located in North Myrtle Beach, the outdoor area located along the inter coastal waterway offers a family-and-pet-friendly atmosphere. A number of restaurants allow pets on their outdoor patios.
The Market Common: located on the south side of Myrtle Beach, a number of restaurants offer outdoor seating that is pet friendly.
The following restaurants allow pets in their outdoor seating areas; please call ahead for seasonality of outdoor seating:
- Liberty Brewery & Grill at Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach
- Bruster's Real Ice Cream at 3784 Renee Drive, Myrtle Beach
- Sharkey's Beach Bar at 600 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach
- 8th Avenue Tiki at 708 North Ocean, Blvd., Myrtle Beach
- TBonz Gill & Grill at 1169 Seaboard Commons, Myrtle Beach
- Mellow Mushroom at 1571 21st Avenue North, Myrtle Beach
- Bay Naturals at 7611 North Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach
- Sole Italian Restaurant at 3401 North Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach
- The Grumpy Monk at 4545 Highway 501, Myrtle Beach
- Bistro90 at 7209 SC-90, Longs
- Beef O'Brady's at 3689 Renee Drive, Myrtle Beach
The Grand Strand also offers two great dog parks:
- Barc Park North at 5000 Claire Chapin Epps Drive is adjacent to the Clair Chapin Epps Family YMCA on 62nd Avenue North Extension. The park is 3.3 acres.
- Barc Park South at Mallard Lake Drive and Cactus Street, near Grand Park and The Market Common. The park is 14 acres and includes a large lake.
During certain times of the year, beaches in the area allow dogs on leashes. The City of Myrtle Beach allows the following: From May 1 through Labor Day, dogs are allowed on the beach only before 10:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. From the day after Labor Day to April 30 each year, dogs are allowed on the beach at any time of day. Dogs and bicycles are allowed on the boardwalk only between 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. from May 1 through Labor Day. From the day after Labor Day to April 30 each year, dogs and bicycles are allowed on the boardwalk at any time of day. At all times when dogs are allowed on the beach or boardwalk, they must be on a leash that's seven feet or shorter, and you must pick up and properly dispose of the droppings.